20 de agosto de 2010

How to drive a Dutch person mad - 01

- Think of something that is common knowledge. Just think, don't say it out loud.

Eg: "Sunflowers are yellow."

- Ask the Dutch guy a question about what you thought.

"Hey, what's the color of sunflowers?"

- He will answer your question promptly and efficiently.

"Sunflowers are yellow!"

- Now the fun begins: disagree.

"You sure?" I think they're blue. "

- He'll correct you.

"They're are yellow."

- Insist.

"I'm sure they are blue."

"They're yellow!"

- He will start to get desperate that you're not actually believing the purest truth in the world. But his education simply doesn't allow him to get mad at you for refusing to agree with him. He'll find a way to go around the irritation and try to give you reason, even if superficially, but he won't give up the idea that his answer is right and yours is wrong.

Oh, he will never realize you're only making fun of him: that's not humanly possible here.

"Well maybe in Brazil sunflowers are blue, I wouldn't know, but here they are yellow."

"But they're blue! Brazil is on the same planet as the Netherlands!"

"But in the Netherlands they are yellow!"

"Blue!"

"But ..."

"Naaah, they're blue."

At this point you're already laughing, but still he won't realize you're kidding. Ever.

But now you take the final blow and you drive him completely mad (which doesn't mean he will show you that he is mad. That'd be "wrooooong!").

Sit by the nearest computer and tell him that you'll Google it to show him that you're right.

"I'll look on Google. I'm sure they are blue."

"But ... I'm telling you that they are yellow ... maybe in Brazil ... they're blue ... there, maybe... you may be right ... but here ..."

He won't bear the idea that you doubt him enough to Google it.

- You can repeat the last steps at will. When you think you have tortured the poor guy enough, explain to him that you won't Google anything and you were just having a laugh.

Counter-effects: It's literally impossible to make him understand that you kidding.

"I was joking with you! Just picking on you, I know they're yellow!"

"But they ARE yellow!"

"Yes, I know!"

"But why did you say they are blue?"

"I was kidding!"

"I know you were kidding, but why would you say that?"

"I was joking!"

"But ..."

"I was joking, FOR GOD'S SAKE!"



Only do this if you are prepared to face all consequences.

Nenhum comentário: