31 de julho de 2010

Do you have an ass? Then leave other people's alone.

I believe ...


... that the Netherlands is an open minded country, as they paint it to be.


But I also believe that...


... one who goes on Playboy believes in artistic value.


... there are honest politicians.


... bad boys are not going to heaven.


... Harry Potter is devil’s work.


... there are modest Argentinians.


... Santa Claus bitch slapped the Tooth Fairy.


But this we commit the same sin, right?


Brazil (anthropomorphizing) has a head the size of a pea, too.


Not that other places besides Brazil and the Netherlands are much more open minded.


The U.S. can nauseate me (they are more hypocritical than Brazil: on one hand their movies are almost an orgy, nothing against that, all in favor, on the other hand there are people who sue Nintendo because a game where a fairy appears topless with hair covering her balloons is labeled "suitable for 13 year-olds." God bless America*).


But then comes Argentina in the story and allows gay marriage, and a nice Brazilian governor, demonstrating the full power of his humanitarian reasoning, says to Argentina that they are going against nature.


That doesn’t enter the mind: it looks like that by allowing gay marriage, who has to take it in the ass now is the governor himself.


And then again, if it stays forbidden, anyone who wants to take it in the ass won’t stop doing so.


And evil mouths out there are already saying that the only good side of this story is that with the homosexual union in Argentina, less Argentinians will be born.


...


Okay, I wrote that last part because I laughed my ass of when I read that. : D


But there’s no point talking much longer here: if you're against gay marriage, it’s because it is convenient for you. But quit being a foolish jackass if (when) they approve that law in Brazil, because it won’t be in your ass that will put it, so just go on with your little life, okie-day?


My point isn’t to agree or to be against this or that, but if everyone meddled a little less in the lives of others, it would be just nice. :)


And the Brazilian living in The Netherlands know well what I'm talking about.




* Footnote: my constant war with the Dutch is to make them stop calling the U.S. America. When they say:


- She went to America

I say - What part of America?

- New York, or something.

- Ah, the United States then. Saying America can mean even Suriname.

- Yeah, but America is the name of the United States.

- Oh, okay then, my friend. From now on, Europe for me is England. When I say I'm going to Europe, you have to understand it’s England, OK?

- Yeah, but ... but .... uh ... ah ... er...


3 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Not being a pain in the ass but...

In Dutch the USA has 2 translations: Verenigde Staten and Amerika.

For the continent, they use 'Noord-Amerika", "Midden-Amerika" en "Zuid-Amerika" so when a dutch says in english America he means Amerika, the USA :P

It's just a matter of (being a dickhead and) not making the proper translation! ;)

Bruno disse...

I know all that, but Amerika or America or whatever is still the continent, not a country. You can see with hundreds of exemples that dictionaries don't only show what's accurate, but also what's "slang" or "speech habits".

So even if the dictionary says that Amerika means USA, it's still moraly wrong.

America is America. I'm American. I'm just not north-american.

Anita disse...

When Dutch say "America" they are using an old fashioned term. Remember Europeans used to embark in a ship to somwhere called vaguely "America" withouth knowing very well whether they would arrive in N.Y. Buenos Aires or Santos. My kids sing songs in Dutch with a refrain "America / America..." as an echo from old emigration days. Many Europeans and North Americans as well refer to "Africa" as a country. When they mean they will travel to South Africa they just say: Africa. It irritates me deeply.
P.S.:
I guess you would like the blog title "Ela e' americana... da America do Sul". Link in my blog.
Cheers !